How to Book me to Officiate your Wedding Ceremony
1. Please complete the contact form, and submit.
2. Let’s schedule a meeting to discuss ideas and plans for your wedding.
3. After the meeting, if you decide you want me to perform your ceremony, an initial payment is requested in order to secure the date and time.
4. By email or phone we can establish the details of your ceremony.
5. Approximately sixty days before your ceremony, we can meet again to confirm the details of your wedding, and clear up any questions you may have.
6. If there is a rehearsal, I would be pleased to attend, and there is an additional charge for this service.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please fill out the following form and email it to me at email@example.com
Getting Married in Ontario
You will need a marriage licence before you get married.
How to get a marriage licence
1. Bring 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married. One piece of identification must include your photo.
2. Examples of government-issued identification:
birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
3. Pay a fee (fees vary and depend on the municipality) Please check the municipality’s website to ensure you have all of the information required to purchase a marriage licence.
4. A marriage licence is valid for 90 days from the date it was issued. For example, if you are getting married on June 5, get your licence after March 8.
*Attached to the licence is the “Solemnization
of Marriage” (SOM) certificate.
Jim McDonald, BA, BEd