First Contact

Sample Ceremonies





5 - Star Review

"Jim is very experienced, and made our wedding
sweet, memorable, and warm."

Kar Rui and Rama, April 4, 2021







First Contact

How to Book me to Officiate your Wedding Ceremony

1.    Please complete the contact form, and submit.

2.    Let’s schedule a meeting to discuss ideas and plans for your wedding.

3.    After the meeting, if you decide you want me to perform your ceremony, an initial payment is requested in order to secure the date and time.

4.    By email or phone we can establish the details of your ceremony.

5.    Approximately sixty days before your ceremony, we can meet again to confirm the details of your wedding, and clear up any questions you may have.

6.    If there is a rehearsal, I would be pleased to attend, and there is an additional charge for this service.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Please fill out the following form and email it to me at jim.mcdonald@humanistcanada.ca

Contact Form Button


Getting Married in Ontario

Marriage Licence

You will need a marriage licence before you get married.

How to get a marriage licence 

Find a local city hall, town hall or municipal office

1. Bring 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married. One piece of identification must include your photo.

2. Examples of government-issued identification:

a) government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
b) valid passport
c) record of immigrant landing
d) Canadian Citizenship Card
e) valid driver’s licence
f) valid Ontario Photo Card

3. Pay a fee (fees vary and depend on the municipality) Please check the municipality’s website to ensure you have all of the information required to purchase a marriage licence.

4. A marriage licence is valid for 90 days from the date it was issued. For example, if you are getting married on June 5, get your licence after March 8.

Download the Marriage Licence Application form (PDF)

*Attached to the licence is the “Solemnization of Marriage” (SOM) certificate.
You must bring the licence and SOM with you to the wedding.





Jim McDonald, BA, BEd



(905) 855-2484